“We’re always looking for ways to improve the service we offer, and we’ve decided to close our World Chat app. Make sure you use up any credit by 31 October 2017. It won’t be possible to top up your account after 30 September.
You should only install this app if you want to use up your remaining credit. See https://www.o2.co.uk/help/apps/worldchat for more info.
World Chat is the convenient and cheap way to make quality phone calls from the UK to your friends and family abroad, without the need for Wi-Fi or a data connection.
Free to download and available to any UK mobile number, World Chat allows you to call over 200 International destinations from as little as 1p a minute.
World Chat is for making international calls from the UK only. If used when roaming outside of the UK, additional call charges may apply.
Download World Chat now and you’ll get:
– Reliable and Quality calls over your network provider
– Free minutes to try out your first call
– Great international rates to countries like Poland, India, USA, Ireland and more
– Offline mode where you don’t need any Wi-Fi or data to make calls
– Easy credit/debit card top-up options
– A clear way to see how much calls will cost, and how much you’ve spent
– Dedicated UK-based customer support for any account queries
The technical stuff:
World Chat is powered by O2, so non-O2 users may have call minutes deducted from bundles or be charged a connection charge for calls from World Chat – please check with your mobile network provider for more details.
You can make calls with or without the need for Wi-Fi and a mobile data connection. But you will need Wi-Fi/data for your account to update account and payment details.
We collect information, including your phone number, to help us manage your account:
• To deliver products and services to you (whether we provide them or not)
• To improve our products and services and develop new ones
• And to manage our network and help us run and grow our business
We also collect information so we can tell you about our products and services or allow partners we’ve chosen to tell you directly about their products. The law requires us to keep some information, too.
Sometimes we create and anonymise information so you can’t be identified.
Get in touch:
Get tips and support on the World Chat Community: http://bit.ly/O2WorldChatCommunity
Find us on Twitter: http://bit.ly/O2WorldChatTwitter
Find us on Facebook: http://bit.ly/O2WorldChatFacebook